2012-02-17

Fall Of Western Civilization Reason #347583721128

All bundled into one! Three stories that confirm we're in a Dark Age:

Not even Edith Piaf is spared.

From CTV news: "...One of the world's most beloved songstresses will have one of her pieces censored at a Quebec primary school because of its reference to God."

*Face palm*

It's not "respectful." It's stupid.

***

One tiny accent threatens an entire language? Hard core Quebec nationalists sure think so.

Meh. It's not vigilance but outight pointless nitpicking. If you have to go to this extent to protect a language (never mind the crazy costs to changing it ) then it seems to me there are larger insecure issues at work here. I sympathize with Metro - a company that by all accounts are profitable and well, you know, actually do something productive, like I don't know, employing and feeding people?

Quebec has waaayyyy larger problems to attend to. Like, for example, the level of corruption and waste.

***

I see Justin Trudeau is making do with wedging Canadian politics with vapid, hysterical nonsense.

If he be the future of the Liberal party then all I ask is: This is a future?

I reckon he's going after the teenie bopper vote.

***

Why does it seem like liberals are all too ready to proclaim their displeasure by threatening to "move out" or "support the enemy" whenever things don't go their way?

***

Which led me to this article about Trudeau in the Toronto Sun which opens:

"Justin Trudeau shows wonderful promise, but he still has much to learn."

Promise? What promise? What does he say or do that makes one think he has promise? Show me the promise!

2 comments:

  1. Limbaugh (you may have heard of him) rails about the fear of the "independents" by conservatives. He says that conservatives are afraid to offend the independents because they will turn to the liberals. Why aren't the liberals afraid of doing this? Sometimes the man makes a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I catch Limbaugh up here and do listen to him from time to time. The one thing I've observed is that if you listen to him often enough he's not as "evil" as the MSM labels him. They do twist his angle quite a bit.

    I don't see what's so bad in much of what he says. He's annoying yes, and I don't agree with him on some issues but those are his opinions. In fact, I find the comments that come out of Justin Trudeau's mouth to be far more puerile and he's a liberal. I recognize one is a radio personality and the other a politician but still...

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.