2012-01-07

Canadiana With The Commentator

'You can't do that on television' was a sketch show we used to watch after school. It's funny how something that was once dorky is now classic. I seem to recall an episode of Newsradio paying homage to the "green slime" and "water" bit. Obviously this came by way, I reckon, of Dave Foley and probably Phil Hartman who are/were Canadian. In this video, Alanis Morissette pre-super stardom makes an appearance on the show.

***

The Simpsons made quite a few references to Canada over the years. Canadian connections to the show here at Simpsons, eh?



If I'm not mistaken, I believe Matt Groening has some Canadian in him. Seriously. Saskatchewan I think. He may have mentioned it when the show came to Place des Arts years ago. Anyway, the show did employ a couple of Canadian hoser-writers.

Yes, believe it or not, we watched quite a bit of curling. As my buddy once remarked on the school bus, "once you watch one end, you're hooked." Find me a country that dominates a sport like Canada does curling.

Ga'hed.

Love 'Canadian Ned' who likely comes from B.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.