2012-01-25

The Thomas-White House Affair

Boy, this Tim Thomas thing is getting ridiculous. It's okay to not agree with him but to chastise him like I'm hearing?

Do you believe - I mean fundamentally believe at the core of your heart - people are free to make their own choices or not?

Is there a memo that stipulates it's mandatory to go to the White House? Can a man not make his own decisions without being treated as if he's Dale Gribble?

Who died and left the White House the spiritual holder of his (or anybody's really) body, reason and soul? Hey, if it were me, I'd probably go since I always wanted to go see if Lincoln's ghost actually exists but I don't begrudge someone for exercising their right to...whatever.

And don't think for one second some people would have reacted the same if he had done under Dubya because we all know he would have been seen as a hero "fighting for his rights."

My friend pointed out that safe for a few people, there was hardly a peep when former Red Sox GM Theo Epstein didn't follow this "protocol" exactly.

Or Manny being Manny.

2 comments:

  1. What happened to your title on this post? Talk about things vanishing! Anyway, you might like this: Tim Thomas is a Libertarian Hero

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. Interesting. I didn't even publish it until now.

    I listen to both sides of the argument and the bottom line is the people pasting him don't even realize why they are. At the end of the day, he's free to do what he wants. Let his bosses deal with him. If they're unhappy with him then trade him - which from what I'm hearing is possible. Reports are coming out that he's a loner and non-team player. Not sure how not going to the WH prevents him from doing his job on the ice.

    Look, I get all this "we sign your cheques" and "be a good corp. guy" thing but some people just aren't wired that way. He's not extremist for having these views. Shoot, I think this line may even grow!

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.