2010-05-08

Giving Blood

Just came back from donating blood at Hema-Quebec. It was my first experience offering my blood to a stranger I'll likely never meet. It went well. Feel slight light-headedness but nothing to complain over - for now.

My veins are nice and thick so it only took six minutes. The nurses, after asking my nationality, couldn't stop gushing about Italy and how much they love it and so on. At one point, they were talking to one another trading family experiences. "O, sta morendo qui!" (I'm dying here!) I wanted shout. I thought better of it. Not sure if they'd get my sense of humour.

It was a wonderful experience. The nurses were very caring and made sure I was ok before I left. I like the way they were confident I'd be back. We'll see.

Let's see, I've now given blood and ticked "yes" on the back of my driver's permit as an organ donor - what? Like I'm gonna need it when I'm dead.

Call me The Humanitarian from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.