2010-05-07

Gas And Oil Prices DO Impact Personal Income

Dunno where these guys have been but during my time in investments, it was obvious to us there was a relation between personal income, oil prices (which serves as a tax) and debt.

I don't quite get folks who rail against tax cuts and consider cutting them to have been an abysmal failure in Canada in the USA. What are they proposing? Increase them? For what exactly?

Less taxes, more in your pockets. What's so hard to comprehend?

How does gas act as a tax? When I put gas in my truck at around $1 a litre it would cost me $70. Say, I did this three times a month. I spent $210 a month on gas. Now, with the gas tax increase, for equal frequency I pay $80 or $240 per month. That's $30 less in my pocket.

Simplistic sure, but my personal economics is not complicated. I line up the numbers, compare them to the past and deduce my own private economic universe.

***

Look. It doesn't take a genius to know things are not good economically including in Canada. I was talking to a courrier and he was telling me how orders have been dried up for nearly two years now. No one is moving merchandise. It's a massive crunch. Why do I point to courriering? Because they're in the middle of the action. They deliver to all sorts of industries. They're in the trenches and are one of the first to see when the economy retrenches and comes back. For now, volume is off significantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.