2010-01-08

Confessions Of The Commentator

Psst. Let you in on a secret. This lowly scribe, who in a past life, was chief census officer of a medieval town during the Bubonic plague, is hooked and shacked up with an Italo-Lebanese chick with a maternal American heritage.

Slap my arm and insert that needle and draw blood, I'm so giddy!

To celebrate our decision to remain in each others way for an indefinite period, we invited a bunch of people to lovely party. In addition to great food, a great opera singer (his name escape me) and Andy Kim performed at the dinner hall.

Finalizing the guest list was painful. We had to cut some people off. I consoled myself with the thought that nobody really cared so I probably did them a favor by not inviting them.

Never under estimate people's love of weddings. Soon after, I was at work (work? What's that?) and my former boss (the man who gave me my first job just to deepen the guilt) passed by the office. He congratulated me and proceeded to express disappointment for not being invited.

He was a "bubble" guest at the time since I hadn't seen him in a couple of years. So I figured I was safe. Everyone understands, right? I know I would.

Anyway. I feel bad for not inviting the spaz. He really was a good boss.

Meh.

Bah.

3 comments:

  1. As MoR would say: you made me laugh. I never, in my wildest dreams, intended to invite my then boss to my wedding even though he was a decent guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my case, the boss was also a friend outside work time. We were all, dare I say, a "family" in my early days at the Trust.

    He paid for my securities course when I was a teller - something he didn't have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of a benefactor, of course it makes things a bit more blurry.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.