2009-03-23

This Ain't The Simpsons That's For Sure

Here's the thing. I wasn't going to comment about some segment on Fox News called 'Red Eye' taking a "satirical" or "comedic" stab at our military. I really couldn't give a flying fruck what pipi heads think of Canada. I'm not one of those sensitive Canadian nationalists in case you haven't noticed.

But as I watched the panel of conservative posers pitifully pontificate, I noticed a familiar face: that belonging to one Monica Crowley.

Aside from the fact there's was absolutely no intellectual value to this segment, it baffled and bemused me (I can be both at the same time) how a person who sits on the famous McLoughlin Group would actually take part in this.

Crowley, as some of you know, is now a regular on that show - I think she replaced Tony Blankley as the conservative du jour. A better looking con du jour I might add.

Interestingly, it's not the first time Americans take gratuitous shots at us- and it's not just right-wingers. Recall after 9/11 Hilarious Hilary Clinton claimed Canada was a haven for terrorists and were infiltrating in from our borders. No mention was made that terrorists still had to get through tight and swift U.S. borders and patrol.

Paleo-conservative Pat Buchanan for his part, who I hold in high regard for his stunning political knowledge, once called us Canuckistan. I got a chuckle out of that.

Back to the video. No doubt, we're often a country of all talk and no action and we've certainly gone overboard with our stupid anti-American rhetoric in the past, but this video was especially disgusting given we just lost four soldiers this past weekend bringing our total to 116 dead.

That's 116 dead Canadian sons and daughters fighting on behalf of the West and the Americans in particular. It may not mean much to the folks in this video but it's our blood.

I'm not so sure I can take her seriously on that show anymore. Which brings it down to two people I will pay close attention to (Eleonore Clift is off her cliff) moving forward.

In the end, America and Canada sit on the same side of the fence. We may have our differences but I know many Americans of level headed composition appreciate our efforts in Afghanistan.







10 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/24/2009

    At last news, most US citizens could not situate Canada on a map and some of the others thought we were part of the US, At 3 in the morning I'm not listening to TV and the segments aired on the news did not motivate me to do so.
    As for anti-americanism was it that or anti-bushism?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/24/2009

    These people are really assholes man. It can happen to meet assholes when you watch Fox News or Fox channel.

    "America the biggest power of the universe!!".... "I don't speak Spanish, I speak American!!" ... "Canadians wearing red suits so you can spot them everywhere ah ah ah!!!"...I am asking: is it funny?

    Truth being it’s these shows, it’s this horrible neo-con patriotism, this mentality that has helped making America despised around the world.
    I mean *this*: us, it is *us*, we are the best, us us us us, US. **US**, **U**U**S**S**.

    If it was only moronity, ok. Problem being the whole thing did incarnate in a world policy that might have reached in my view the opposite goal, namely speeding up America’s (and unfortunately West’s) decline.

    Allow me friend: true morons never go far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/24/2009

    PS
    Ok, I overstated my comment a bit, but there's some truth in what I said, I believe. I see this as the satirical face of a whole milieu (the worst conservatives, but there are also good ones) which is not what I admire of America, frankly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MOR, let your Latin passion run wild!

    I think you're right. To me, these people are not conservatives. They're just posers. If I'm Crowley I choose my gigs a little more carefully since she sits on the McLoughlin Group. It didn't say much for her credibility doing that.

    PC, I guess a case can be made it was "anti-Bushism" but I'm not buying that entirely. The Liberals and NDP have their share of anti-Americans. They just are kept quiet now because of Obama. Comments like that moronic Caroline Parrish made "I hate those American bastards" speaks for itself. She didn't say "I hate that bastard Bush" which would be just as dumb an unacceptable.

    One NDPer, Bilkie I think it was, said Bush killed or ate babies or something like that.

    Dumb-Dumbs on the right AND left.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3/24/2009

    Crowley, you mean the blonde. She was the most moderate though in her criticism. She just said she was disappointed by Canadians, if I heard well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3/24/2009

    Yes, the USAers do not have a monopoly on moronism.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hardest on her because she shouldn't be there - she should know better. She was more moderate and makes fair points on M-group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3/24/2009

    Oh yes, Paul. You just can't imagine how many morons are here in my country!

    I know I'm totally shifting here, but a couple of days ago I was with my wife at this conference held by John Nash, the American math genius, and by another economics noble prize from USA. 95 % of the audience was Italian and was wearing headphones for translation, this not being the point though.

    My wife and I didn’t wear any, and one Italian woman behind us neither. This moron, this woman, disturbed the WHOLE conference laughing ALL the time. ALL the time! Hers were clear narcissistic laughs, sort of messages to the audience about how smart she was to understand this and that jest, this and that concept.

    These characters are frequent here.

    I was about to turn around and KILL her. She got me really stressed. I’m not kidding.

    Sorry commentator if I almost changed topic. Your word 'poser' has kinda unleashed this thing of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No worries.

    Pretentiousness is something that exists everywhere.

    Although that's one thing I appreciate about Quebec: it's not an overly (if at all) pretentious society. It has other issues though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8/01/2010

    Do not buy Christian Shoes for the Middle East and a feast in Egypt on a lean 130 mm or 5 shuffle heeled Christian Louboutin Pumps with lively pompoms where a curtain bejeweled with arabesques and flourishes with decorative frames and balanced in Luxor. Many people believe that buy Christian Louboutin Boots for sale can be a wise decision for you and the have proper reason behind that as well. Christian Louboutin Sandals for sale have created a good image in the market today and most of the people want to have one of these in the collection today.

    LONGSTREET THE COMPLETE have also have special features are excellent; like commentaries, interviews, and behind the scenes information. Another LONGSTREET THE COMPLETE DVD this year is the complete Exorcist series. The set features 6 LONGSTREET THE COMPLETE DVD COLLECTION .

    Hogan scarpe features an extra-padded puffy tongue and Hogan scarpe donna patented insole. The hogan donna has been offered nearly in every colorway on the planet. From graffiti artists to the skateboarding and basketball spectrums-many have created customized Hogan scarpe uomo tailored to appeal to their individual sub-cultures.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.