2006-12-18

Dear John

Dear John,

Greetings my friend! I bring to you glad tidings as well as some recent happenings from this great big la-la land.

Not so long ago, the carcass that calls itself the Liberal Party carefully - though not as careful as your legendary stinginess - chose a leader. What a grand undertaking for such a party of grandeur to be selecting their very own coffee beans! Oh John, out of the woods came all sorts of characters to proclaim their unsolicited thoughts. It was quite the bemusing spectacle. These thoughts often amounted to nothing more than a pile of infertile dirt. Thinkings that only a star starved media could swallow.

A deliberate media darling is in the works now, John. We must revel in its truth. Is there a political version of decongestant? Watch them run and clamour to his every word. For he is the son of a past revered leader. There are no regressive genes, as you know John, with privileged political families.

So, this young lad, thanks to his committed love for his father, is convinced that another man lacks wisdom? Good for him. But I must inquire - and you may be able to help - where did he collect his confidence?

Please send my regards to your loving wife with skin as smooth as silk. Oh the memories.

Sincerely,

The Commentator

Dear friend,

It was nice to hear from you. Every time I hear from you I am happy enough to make love to my wife. My prize and joyful pride.

Don't be surprised if Justin Trudeau - son of former Prime Minister Pierre Eliott Trudeau - gets a kick at the PM can at some point in the future.

I know very little of him, for I am on a pleasure seeking hunt in Africa over the last five years. It does, from afar, seem that his myth is already surpassing his accomplishments. My concern is that his possible rise to the top will have very little to do with any fresh political ideals of any substance.

It reminds me a little of Hilary Clinton and the new beau of our times Obama. He'll be hailed as the next great thing since Tim Horton's maple walnut doughnut. Not Obama, I refer to Justin. I googled them. Cute as buttons.

For me, he won little points for offering the torpid thoughts that Michael Ignatieff lacked the 'wisdom' to lead the tipsy Liberals. Are they still around? Alas, perhaps he did not have the moxy or ability to lead. However, who is this young man to stipulate as much? Seeing that he is close in age to myself, I don't think passing judgment on others about their wisdom is, well, a wise thing to do.

In those words, he did not exhibit wisdom himself. While many will get caught up in the glitz of the nouveau Trudeau mania, some of us will critically assess the person with more sober applications.

Best Regards,

John

PS: Loved the cabin.

5 comments:

  1. Have you become insane?

    I am worried...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Commentator:

    Do you think that Trudeau will be expounding on the decision to give back all that land his dad took from the farmers around Mirabel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gimbol, I know Westeners have questions of their own. Therein lies my point and you hit it with that question. He's a little too quick to stand up and talk about how 'wise' his father was. Maybe some Canadians thought to be 'just Justin' but that Ignatieff crack did not impress me. It's like he's all too ready to ride that coat tail. That's fine. I'm all for it. But the way he's doing it seems a little odd. It's best for him not to do it so openly. His motto can be"I'm Pierre Elliott Trudeau's son and no one can stop me!" Of course, I could be wrong. I am. after all, Les Nessman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. deja vu all over again

    "I'm Pierre Elliott Trudeau's son and no one can stop me!"

    You could take that statement and change it to say

    "I'm Paul Martin Sr's son and no one can stop me."

    If Justin gets a seat in parliament next election the liberal leadership race starts all over again.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.