2005-03-06

Max Xam: Not Employed and Loving it

I have a pimple on my ass.

I was watching the Super Friends and two things came to mind. One, the intro had Aquaman and Wonder Woman flying. Since when do they fly? Two, they were described as the "...greatest force of good ever assembled..." Good vs. evil. Post mdoern relativists would not be able to watch these cartoons. Why do we invent such heroes? Is it because the existence of evil is omnipotent? That it seems so over whelming at times that only superheroes can save us? Fantastic creations for fantastic social problems.I'll tell you. Sometimes I wish that Captain America, Green Lantern, Batman, Spider-Man, Superman and other heroes did exist to rid us of corrupt politicians and the new modern scourge known as terrorists. While we're at it, the evil drug cartels.

I was thinking about 9/11 today. I thought of two things. The morally depraved reactions of some so-called intellectuals and some people. Their perceptions about America were and are so off-based it's pathetic. Then again, what more do you want from a nation of freeloaders? The other thing I thought about was when the U.S. decided (rightly) to invade Iraq, I recall naive losers volunteering to got to Iraq as human shields. I remember one woman in particular who was willing to leave HER FAMILY for this exercise in futility and stupidity. She should have been thrown in prsion for her attempts. Turns out, that many who went were made pawns in the Iraqi game. WHAT?! It can't be! Fools. May God rest the souls of the victims and may Iraq find peace and harmony now that they are free. No thanks to the shields of idiocy.

Last but not last least my buddies and I went cross-skiing tonight. It was a majestic -22 degrees. At one point we hit a long deep narrow slope. We each took a turn going down. As we all did so and moved out of the way our heads were all turned to Jeebies. Jeebies was wearing a parka that only the Inuit would wear. Within two secons, he was tumbling down all the way until he reached us. Without losing a beat he got up and in one motion reached into his front pockets for a light and a joint - 'that's when I light up' he said. Hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.