2012-03-07

Just A Post About Historical Literature

I'm posting about Raphael Hythloday because I feel like it.

Hythloday was a Portuguese explorer in Utopia by Sir Thomas More.

You know, you can go through an entire University History degree without being asked to read a single classic or masterpiece. I myself read great literature on my own time; History degree notwithstanding.

Can More's Utopia be seen as part of the same overall beliefs found in  Plato's Republic (aka Plat's Hippie Commune), Dante's De Monarchia or perhaps even Marx's Communist Manifesto on the idea of man rallying (and in Plato's and Marx's cases forced into. Aristotle brought some balance to Plato's elimination of the sovereign being I reckon) before a single state or empire for the good of mankind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.