2012-03-16

Anti-Business Rhetoric In The Lorax?

The selected female partner went to see The Lorax with my biological extension last week. A former colleague of hers at school had also took his daughters to watch the film during the same spring break.

While my clan had no problem with the film (according to my kid the moral of the story is to not break promises. So young), the father complained it was anti-business environmental propaganda. Sounds like the kid was a Montgomery Burns in the making. Stealing air, blocking the sun...it takes balls.

My wife didn't think it was at all and engaged in philosophical debate with him. Her point, basically, is it wasn't anti-business in as much as it was anti-bad business.

I didn't see the film but if the plot was handled anything like Avatar...ugh.

***

Wife: T.C., I'm so aggravated!
T.C.: Philosophy isn't for you, babe. Not everyone likes to think.
Wife: How dare you!
T.C: Listen, itsokay. Just go get me my slippers.
Wife (shoves napping T.C.): T.C! Wake up! Go take out the garbage you worthless sack of s....

1 comment:

  1. If you have to think about it to see the anti-business slant then it is insidious. If you don't then it's blatant. But if business is there at all, it will be the villain of the story. Such is the way of Hollywood (which, ironically, is Big Business).

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.