2011-09-10

Questioning Taxes

I think most of you know me by now to not be surprised I feel taxes are too high; even immoral. Taxes are inefficient by their nature. "Progressive" taxes are anything but.

I also find it objectionable at how much power tax collectors wield.

It's interesting, on a related note, that despite the welfare state in place, liberals (I never will understand the mindset of a person who actually advocates more taxes thinking it's beneficial and fair) still bitch and moan about how ignorant we are.

Ah, but these days, it is to be 'extreme' to think so!

Again, not advocating the eradication of the entire public sector, just a massive retooling and rethinking; leaner and meaner if you will.

It's ok. This is where we're at these days. And they say the 11th century was a Dark Age!

George Harrison and The Beatles had it right when they sang:

Let me tell you how it will be;

There's one for you, nineteen for me.
'Cause I’m the taxman,
Yeah, I’m the taxman.
Should five per cent appear too small,
Be thankful I don't take it all.
'Cause I’m the taxman,
Yeah, I’m the taxman.
(if you drive a car, car;) - I’ll tax the street;
(if you try to sit, sit;) - I’ll tax your seat;
(if you get too cold, cold;) - I’ll tax the heat;
(if you take a walk, walk;) - I'll tax your feet.
Taxman!
'Cause I’m the taxman,
Yeah, I’m the taxman.
Don't ask me what I want it for, (ah-ah, mister Wilson)
If you don't want to pay some more. (ah-ah, mister heath)
'Cause I’m the taxman,
Yeah, I’m the taxman.
Now my advice for those who die, (taxman)
Declare the pennies on your eyes. (taxman)
'Cause I’m the taxman,
Yeah, I’m the taxman.
And you're working for no one but me.


Taxman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.