2010-11-08

License To Do Everything



Samething happening in Canada, Skeptical Eye. The majority of the people are unaware or accept it because they're not in business or don't care since a lot of Quebecers are civil servants. And don't dare complain about it lest you be seen as a trilobite. Funny my barber said the same thing to me a while ago. It's all a racket now. He finds it sad how they always find ways to skim cash of people with nonsense like barber licenses. Luckily, there's no crack down here for those who have been at their craft for years. It's a terrible injustice to fine people who actually work. It's, well, immoral as far as I'm concerned.

Sometimes the law is pure bull shit because the legislators who give rise to them were thoughtless.

Here's what I'm currently (anectodally) experiencing how the state makes things expensive and inefficient for nothing - well, they do it because it's a source of tax revenue and helps to pay for a gigantic governmental social apparatus.

With my locale under going renovations, I am forced to use "licensed" plumbers, electricians, contrators. What this means is I can't save money using "unlicensed" plumbers who are equally as good but don't have a shitty paper stamped by some bureaucrat. Had I been able to, I'd save over $20 000 and would have done the work in half the time. My contractor tells me all the time, "if we could, we'd do it. The quality is the same but these are the rules."

In essence, I'm prevented from freely entering a contract with someone I choose to. Basically, the government puts productive, useful people out of work and put an unduly amount of stress on contractors doing the hiring.

Now I ask, to us, we see first hand how much havoc this wreaks on an economy. It's not hard to see. But how is a person oblivious to this and who reflectively supports government interventionism for the "greater good" supposed to understand this? Unless they experience it first hand, they don't have a clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.