2010-11-08

First Annual Free Thinking Festival

The rist annual edition of the Free-thinking Film Festival in Ottawa coming soon.

***

Speaking of movies.

Blah, blah, blah.

I know it's old news but wanted to comment anyway. For me, Avatar stank because the script was lame and weak. Period.

By all means, take the stances mentioned in the movie, but for God's sake, couldn't they have put more effort into it? It was borderline insulting. All I did was roll my eyes and even laugh in some parts. In fact, I was pulling for the bad guys in the end. Fuck them. Put up some condos! Yeah, you know what I'm talking about!

But the author is right. People went and if that's how you judge art (including the visuals and technology) then, mission accompli.

On the other hand, people have to go to see the movie in order to judge it no? So sales alone only tell part of the story. They can make it a box office hit and then rip it to shreds. Most of the reviews were favorable for Avatar. I don't get it but I guess aesthetics count more than content for some.

All I'm saying is the writing was uninspiring, flat, and predictable.

Bo-ring!

But.

Ka-ching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.