2008-11-08

Link Of Interest: Death, taxes and Bailouts.

Benjamin Franklin once said there are only two things certain in life, "Death and taxes." I think this can be amended, excuse the constitutional pun, to "Death, taxes and bail outs."

Searching for "Obama and taxes" I found this interesting site: Tax Girl.

For you Americans of course. I humbly serve you.

Here's an excerpt:

"In response to taxpayer demands, the Justice Department is currently investigating whether there was any wrong doing leading up to the collapse of the mortgage industry. And naturally, executives at companies like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are scrambling to cover their asses hire defense counsel to protect them from potential criminal charges. So that’s their problem, right? Not exactly. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had promised to cover legal bills for those executives - and since the feds now “own” Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, taxpayers may be on the hook for those defense bills."

Ouch. Sometimes it's hard for me to defend businessmen. These folks, as my three year-old says, are "sumfing" else.

Sometimes it's ok to go Medieval on their asses and I think I will in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.