2008-11-02

Is LaRouche Simply A Douche?

Years ago there was a book sale at the branch I worked for. Two books in particular captured my remedial and twisted thirst for new ideas.

One was former FLQ thug Pierre Valliere's infantile 'White Niggers Of America' (a book that no doubts screams "it made so much sense at the time") and the other was LaRouche's creepy Dope Inc.

Price for both: Two dollarino's. "

I figured what the heck, I needed some intellectual excitement in my life. It couldn't be Ziggy all the time. So I coughed up (figuratively) the red two dollar bill (this was before the arrival of the toonie) and handed it over to whoever was in charge.

Then again, I don't remember if I paid at all. Please don't tell.

Too-dee-doo.

Years later (meaning now) in my own personal Bat-Cave (it's not really a cave. More like a, erm, a living room at street level) I came across (don't ask me how and why) a piece about Al Gore dating back to 1999 in a publication called the Executive Intelligence Review. Curious about what I was reading (and boy does the writer rip and destroy Al Gore in this one. It's worth a look) I did a superficial search and discovered Lyndon LaRouche was tied to it.

Whenever I read wildly elaborate conspiracy inspired stuff like Lyndon LaRouche, I'm reminded of how little I know and experienced. I must profess, it really opened my eyes when he singled out Canada's banks (one being my former employer the Royal Bank) as part of a worldwide scam (I forget the details) including the drug trade.

Not that I would be surprised if it were true. What if we're all unwitting complicit pawns and players in a massive power scheme by a covert oligarchy? What if the system is so rigged and efficient that even the CEO of a company is unaware of it all? What if my humble function as a teller was something more? How far from the truth is he? Huh? Huh?

Slap!

Still, I have no clue if this guy is a crackpot fascist obsessed with British Royalty or a legitimate political figure and commentator. For you Canadians out there, LaRouche is politically active with the Committee for the Republic of Canada (formerly the Party for the Commonwealth of Canada which ran in three national elections. Originally, the PCC was known as the North American Labour Party.) No wonder they use the word "labour" so much. Reading through it certainly feels like labour.

I can just picture someone reading this blog post as they sip coffee in their rickety robe and thinning hair slapping their forehead saying as the coffee spills all over the Thunder Bay Tundra Times, "Shit! I voted for them!"

Itsokay. It was the 70s. If you weren't radical you weren't cool.

Anyway, my comic book Spidey-senses tell me it's probably the former - that is, LaRouche sounds like a conspiracy theorist. If he isn't and all (of not some) of what he says is true, then I'm going to strongly consider moving my family to a remote forest in Northern Quebec to live with the Cree.

Whatever he is, he certainly has a fan base.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.