2008-10-18

Un Message Du Gouvernement de Quebec

You know things are not what they should be in society when the government feels compelled enough to spend money taking out ads reminding us to "relax and enjoy life." How bad are things in society for it to attract the attention of our political masters?

In fact, the government of Quebec has been pimping out all sorts of commercials thanking cross-guards, reminding us that the province is French, that being courteous on the roads is healthy and asking for patience while the entire city of Montreal is under road construction. To name a few. It seems every third or fourth commercial spot on the radio belongs to Grand Frere (big brother.)

Should they come and wipe my ass too?

Have we become that reliant on government?

Think about it.

Since we're on the subject of government intervention this week, I have a bone to pick with a few stores. You see, when a sign says "Less than 8 (or 12) articles" at the cash I tend to take it literally. So if I have, say, 15, I move on to the "normal" cash. I'm fair and civil that way. Though, I've been known to sneak in with nine items. I'm such a rebel.

However, there are some among us who are oblivious to these signs. They roll up to a cash with a filled carriage. It boggles the mind that no one on the staff turns the person away, you know, to be fair to others who follow the rules.

I find this happens to often and I want to know what the government plans to do about this since management at these stores are clearly incapable of enforcing their own policies.

There.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.