2008-07-02

Starbucks Closes 600 Cafes

If Starbucks had real baristas and hadn't tried to change the coffee lingo (Mezzo, Inter mezzo, Castrati, simple, double etc.) maybe they could justify $3.65 lattes.

The quality of Starbucks coffee is actually pretty good. I buy the espresso beans and use it on my cappuccino machine. When I make it the taste is excellent with a nice crema. When they make it, the espresso tastes like mud. I've had to return the espresso on a couple of occasions. It just didn't past the quality test. Sometimes I just want to take over and serve the coffee.

I read in the comments section some insane people actually say Tim Hortons coffee is better. How they can muster the courage to compare premium espresso with Horton's acqua sporca (dirty water) is beyond my abilities to grasp. Only in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.