2007-10-31

Is this an example of a heartless bank? You decide

www.corporatebully.ca/index.html

I wasn't a loan officer at the bank, nor am I privy to any discussions between the two parties in this case. So my expertise, like on many matters, is limited here. However, it does seem as though there was some miscommunication. I must confess that perhaps the client should have set aside emergency cash. The terms seem rather explicit but I wasn't there.

The one question that can be asked is if the bank's reaction was excessive - which seems to be the case and wouldn't surprise me. Again, I can't conclusively make any comments on this. Nonetheless, it still merits a post since we can all learn from what could happen if we make a mistake on a loan agreement with a bank. If you sign, you're responsible.

I'm wondering if there was a better way to deal with this. Though banks are not generally into diplomacy on such matters.

Reminds me of a scene in Goodfellas when Henry Hill (portrayed by Ray Liotta) was explaining the mafia's version of an installment payment plan: "Fuck you, pay me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.