2006-09-16

Articles of Interest: Politics: 9/11 Conspiracy Theories versus science

prisonplanet.tv/audio/090305alexresponds.htm
www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/1227842.html

If the attack happened under Bill Clinton would the conspiracy movement be as energetic? Will Steve Nash out T-Shirts if a Democrat of questionable character - cough, Hilary - and ability ever gets elected? Come to think of it, I didn't see Mr. Back-to-back MVP come up to his home and native land to do the same thing. Shucks. Will Sean 'Mr. Censor' Penn and Rosie O'Weirdo ask people to 'think' and 'question authority?' The problem is that in our excessive secular world we question a little too much. To the point of asking questions that have no merit or any rational logic.I'm not going to question anything for the sake of asking it or because The View told me to.

As for my link above, I read some comments about the Popular Mechanics book about 9/11. One person attacked the book and told us to 'smarten up' and read David Ray Griffin, Jim Hoffman and Steven Jones. You know, I don't know what drives incredibly intelligent people to such abstract possibilities that hinge on a cynical aspect of humanity. For once, it would be refreshing to hear conspiracy theories about the excessiveness of our goodness no? I have no idea what drives Noam Chomsky. Or what happened to Bobby Fischer. Who knows? Maybe they DO KNOW and the rest of us don't 'get it.' Remember Bart Simpson when he claimed that MLB was spying on him. No one believed him. It was true.

All I can rely on are my judgements and instincts - and research and readings. Much of it is defined and determined by my general outlook on life. To me, PM makes sense. To my engineering buddies it was a no-brainer. What else lurks beyond the finite composition and calculations of science?

I do know that the idea of a government who would inflict such a heinous self-inflicted wound is repulsive. For if it is true then we are all truly evil. Assuming you accept that our governance as set up are a direct culmination of our values and beliefs. Or you may simply feel that Congress (or in Canada Parliamental) is run by runaway bandits operating independently of the people.

Our caring celebrity educators and conspiracy theorists are upset that we don't see what they see. Poor them. Take it to Oprah's couch. All I can say is that either I am dimwitted or they are.

The TV tells me that I am. I think otherwise. Therefore I am 'thinking' and 'questioning authority' by choosing to ignore them. I am, by further extension, exercising my right to freedom. Alas, they do not want this. They want me to 'think' like them. Which makes them, well, dimwitted. I think.

Hey, I didn't say I was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.