2011-11-07

Daycare Update

The building I rent from for the daycare was reevaluated. Naturally, higher property taxes follow. Circle of life. But imagine my surprise when I was sent the bill expected to be made by the end of the month. For a business just starting out, any unforeseen large expense can prove difficult.

No sweat. It's the government. They're there for us small businesses, right?

Ha.

Ha!

My thinking was I'll pay this in two or three installments until the business stabilizes which is expected by January. "No can do, sir. We don't do that" I was told. "Pay up, if not, interest will be charged." "Fine" I said to myself and asked how much the interest was. "18%" was the reply. Not 3,4,5 or even 9%. 18%!

Holy crap! Credit card company territory!

So. Will a rep from Occupy Wall St. come and help me out and rail against the state for its excessive interest charges? Will someone "forgive" my debt? I mean, I do employ four people and take care of kids, no?

Thought not.

I have no idea how I'll come up with the full amount. I'm through borrowing as the carrying costs are already stretched. I have some negotiating to do.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/08/2011

    Sorry you are having trouble bud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if it's trouble; bad timing.

    I just wish people would stop believing the government (or big banks for that matter) cares about small business. I don't see a whole lot of proof of that.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.