2011-10-23

Thinking About Christianity's Theological Might

Flick of the baseball cap to SE for this.



I post this for two reasons. One, he's absolutely 100% correct about Christianity and it's a position I've held for a long time and touched on this blog. People who bash Christianity as a means to an ends - in this case the progressive secularist agenda - by foccusing on, typically, the Crusades for example, have not considered, obviously and conveniently, the full picture. I learned of Christianity's remarkable historical path when reading St. Augustine and St. Thomas back in university.

I further accept his belief that conversations with people who consider themselves Christian are deeper through my own personal experiences. Progressives leave me wanting and they do tend to engage in circular sophistry rarely ever seeing the critical errors or hypocrisy of their own positions. They tend to get overly emotion and irrational; two things they claim to avoid and accept respectively. Hence, why some of us ignore them.

I also add military generals to this mix. I've met a couple in my life, one American and the other Canadian, read a few essays and still heard more on television in interviews, and found them to be fascinating in their broad knowledge and intelligent applications of various thoughts and ideas.

Finally, his position on Steve Jobs (his origins in criminal activity) enlightened me and it's an interesting point about whether Apple will succeed moving forward. If he's correct about how Job's was as a personality, then he was not a visionary in terms of how he was going to leave Apple.

2 comments:

  1. People who fixate on the Crusades view it it too narrowly and do not understand the causes and the history of Europe and the Middle East in the 4 hundred years leading up to the First Crusade.

    I am not so sure I have deeper conversations with Christians than with, say, Jews or scientists but I'll grant that it is quite possible. I do agree with you about the range and depth of knowledge of the Military Brass. I think it surprises some people because they have a stereotypical view of the military.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nor I, but I singled out Christians to make a point. Judeo-Christian theology as a whole is impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.