2007-09-26

Writing Odysse 2007

Every once in a while I revisit past posts. When I first started blogging in late 2004 I simply dove in. It was a race to get down in writing years of ideas and pent up imaginations without much regard to grammar or editing. I figured get the idea or content down and let the people sort things out. That wasn't very sporting of me now was it? Well, that and the fact that I freely confess I am not grammatically sound.

My sisters on the other hand are far superiour than me when it comes to technical and artistic writing. I freely admit this too.

But I am what I am and what I am is a writer (still searching for that voice) at heart. Selecting what type of writing has proven elusive for me. Whatever it is, I wish I came to this realization sooner. I still can't devote the time needed to fully develop as a writer. However, there are no regrets. The route I took led me to different experiences.

Despite this, there is an invisible force that keeps dragging me into writing no matter where I try to take my life. There is a voice. The voice, for the record and FYI, sounds very much like the Great Gazoo.

It doesn't feel as though I have grown as a writer since 2004 but I have. How do I know this? By reading past posts in all its blogging glory. It's almost embarrassing. Slap to the forehead! Fret not. I am not hard on myself. I was not - to borrow a sports term - tactically aware. Though I take the editing process more seriously, I'm not a natural at it. I do a decent job but I never thought myself to be an editor. This much I know and knew.

It's now 2007 - almost three years later - and this blog still has an identity crisis. I know where I have been.

Now, where am I going?

For starters, to prepare a bowl of cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.