2010-11-02

I Don't Need Facebook

Seriously. I don't.

Nor do I get it or care to get it. Social networking as a whole disinterests me quite a bit. You're reading a guy who uses his mobile strictly for phone calls and doesn't bother to text. I've had to tell a couple of friends already I don't need to get sucked into a world where I'm given a play by play for everything people do in their fucking lives. I don't own an iPhone or any other gadgets. I'm not a gadget guy.

I'm not a Luddite or anything. I don't feel particularly threatened or harbor any anger towards any of it. It's just that I personally don't feel it enhances my life. My journey. The more our technology "socializes" us the more I pull away.

Every day I wonder why I even bother to blog. It's so against my character and personality if you can believe it.

The problem I have, at least one of them, is the amount of information these companies (like Rapleaf) can collect right from under your noses. I know I've chosen to go "public" by blogging but I try to keep the profile basic and low as much as I can.

Government collecting data is one thing - and often intrusive - but to have tech companies (that some of us barely understand what they're up to) collect it is another matter.

Forgive me if I don't trust them. Already Google's (growing) power is something to be concerned about we don't need more people trying to dissect us.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11/03/2010

    we're just going to wipe you fuckers out...

    THE *HIGH PRICE* OF REVOLUTION

    http://tc2.wikispaces.com/file/view/guillotine.jpg/32021821/guillotine.jpg


    FOR THE HEADLESS IDIOTS OF THE ATHEIST MOVEMENT
    ________________________________



    myers - are you eating your own sh&t yet? you will be...

    ________________________


    THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION!

    let them eat their own sh*t!

    the WORLD TRADE CENTER PROPHECY - THE DANCE OF DEATH

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Hez25fFrg


    the ungrateful bastards full of hubris...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubris




    a bullet for your head, traitor

    And finally, the *only* man in Minnesota who says there is no God has suddenly become an arbiter on mental health...

    http://www.unfacts.org/factsforum/viewtopic.php?t=4080



    COME SEE A PHOTO OF MABUS AND AN EXPLANATION OF IT!

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.