2010-11-08

Proposal For Food Police

I take food seriously. Damn seriously.

I come from a family that made/makes everything from scratch and when we can't we go out and buy the right foods. Our philosophy on food doesn't stray too much from the motherland. It's called maintaining traditions.

The Mediterranean diet, as I've written in the past, is a wonderful one. Rich in depth and history, it provides us with the culinary stuff of life.

That's why I'm usually skeptical whenever I hear about activists going on a food crusade imposing their will and beliefs upon the rest of us. Good for them they want to educate, but the minute they infringe on my personal liberties, they've over stepped their boundary.

In fact, I propose something. Unless they can demonstrate TO ME they eat better than me and have the right to eliminate free choice, they have no business seeking legislation that restricts personal choice.

I do right by my family and I shouldn't have to pay for someone else's ignorance and for someone who wants to leglislate against ignorance. I have grown absolutely intolerant with such nonsense.

'One size fits all' is so 20th century.

2 comments:

  1. Right on! And the thing is, the "science" of what's healthy keeps changing. And there are dissenting views among doctors, nutritionists, dietitians, and others as to what's best.

    There are those who follow the caveman or "paleo" diet and they believe that low fat is baloney, and grains are basically harmful to health. They eliminate most carbs and all grain products and emphasize fresh meat (fat is welcome, too) and vegetables, nuts and fruits.

    Who is to say what is the best choice for each individual? I'm sick of all this garbage from the stinking statists!Just keep the damn government out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely true about the science. One day espresso, wine and dark chocolate are bad, the next good.

    I know someone on the paleo diet and swears by it. Although I'm not sold on their theories about carbs and starches.

    I tried to go on it but it's way to hard for me. My wife, is basically 80/20 paleo because of her allergies.

    To each his own.

    And that means the fools and the smart ones.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.