2010-11-15

Unintended Consequences

Skeptical Eye made a comment about my "libertarian" impulses. I don't deny it. I do.

The one issue that's come to intrigue me in the last year or so is the "unintended consequences" of excessive government regulation. It seems as evidence mounts of state over reach, we still cling on to 20th century modes of thinking when it comes to government as a tool to gauge, protect and enhance a "just society."

I listen to people like President Obama and he simply doesn't resonate. It's the same old, same old repackaged. He says "we can't go back to the failed policies of the previous administration," I say enough with the stale ideology of a time long since past.

He's not about hope or change but maintaining an old narrative that has no meaning anymore. We do it just because...

I want to see power shifted back into the hands of the people. I've grown tired off watching criminal politicians dictate to us what we can do, think, eat or say.

***

For fun I punched in 'government agencies Canada' in Google.

Now you tell me, do we really, really, really need all of them?

The way I see it, you're not doing your job as a citizen to at least question it. Of course, each department will have its defenders. Some kid will passionately defend 'Western Economic Diversification' or some other agency on some grounds somewhere on Facebook.

In itself, I suppose, there exists a form of anarchy within the state for I simply don't believe the state can function with any cohesiveness with so many departments and agenices.

Here's a thought. Do as I do. Ignore politicians. Don't read the newspapers or watch the news. If you do, keep it to a minmal. I only check headlines but I rarely read articles written by journalists.

The more distance you put between yourself and the "machine" the more clear minded you become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.