2012-10-08

The Cult Of The Personality

From Reason.

"He Has the Power of Three Eagles" and written by musician and comedian Reggie Watts, has once again made the experience worth it:
He’s not an asshole. He’s handsome. He’s eloquent, well-spoken. He’s mixed-race, like me. He’s a hard worker. He enjoys enjoyment. He’s skinny, which I wish I was. He seems to make some good decisions… most of the time. He has the power of three eagles. He is not really weird and inhuman like the other candidate. He’s not creepy, like the other candidate. He’s a known quantity. He seems to enjoy a peaceful, educated world. He’s not Romney. He plays basketball. Romney sucks at basketball. He doesn’t believe in wearing magical underwear, like Romney does. He’s not a robot, like Romney is. He’s tall. He enjoys cats. He’s very friendly and has good teeth. One bad thing about him is that he needs to start saying “to” instead of “tuh.” But he’s halfway in the middle of the things he wants to accomplish; let’s give him a chance to finish it out. Also he’s not Romney. And he’s not a racist. If people vote for Obama, it will be a world filled with people going, “Wow, Americans are pretty smart.” If we vote for Romney, the rest of the world will say, “I don’t know what’s going on, but I don’t think it’s going to be a good time for the next four years.” Vote for Obama if you want to party and be enlightened.
 
You know, some days I wonder why. Just, why. Why things didn't go exactly as planned. I'm sure millions of people ask themselves this. However, on days where I feel especially annoyed with my decisions in life, I just thank the Lord I don't think like people like that.

I hope this is sarcasm. If not...

Fucking embarrassing.

***

When and if Romney gets elected, will we see those websites pop up like the ones apologizing to the world after the election of Bush?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.