2013-01-07

That's Not Pizza!

The USDA and its patently absurd "definition" of pizza.

Pizza doesn't have to have tomato sauce - unless you're a Napolitana purist which I doubt anyone in the USDA at the time was. My favorite pizza is sausage and rapini; sauce. And damn right it's a pizza because the dough is every bit as important.

The article is from 1988.

Wolfgang Puck was right and the government wrong. But look at what they made his company go through.

Personally, I come across in my business the government's definition of what constitutes a proper diet and what a culture think it is. Sometimes they leave me scratching my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.