2013-01-10

Super Predictable Mess

Remember what I said when it was announced by government officials they were going to build a super hospital? That same day I said it was going to be a super mess. Not because I was smarter than anyone but because I choose to simply read the evidence of our track record.

I further mused about how it was going to go over budget, over the time line, inefficient and corrupt.

Wow. I didn't expect the prediction to be easy. Betting against the spread in the NFL is harder.

A year ago I was privy to comments from a lawyer working for the government on the project. She basically said there was no fiscal checks and balances and that it was a disaster.

We never learn.

Furthermore, we're finding out that there were no public consultation (hello, this Quebec - no transparency for you!), and that there were health care professionals who thought it was a super bad idea to build a super hospital.

It's logical. As I wrote back then, we're going to build a super bad hospital. It only stood to reason that if your current system is in bad shape the new one was going to be equally as bad if not worse.

Bah.

Now the PQ are doing what they do best: Play politics with social issues. They can to remove the Lachine community hospital from the MUHC to "protect the Francophone roots" of the hospital.

Access to quality care? Who cares! Language first.

Note to PQ: Things change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.