2013-01-09

Comment Of The Day

"Conservatives are by nature wary of charismatic politicians and unwilling to undertake disinformation campaigns."

This one caught my eye because this pretty much describes my take on things. I do tent, rightly or wrongly, to equate charisma with superficial intellectualism and bull shit. Dunno if it's a conservative thing in a political sense but it is a conservative approach to the extent it is a defense mechanism.

The other thing, it has been my experience is the people who say someone is charismatic tend to be people I don't share any values and beliefs with.

Here in Quebec we have our fair share of "charismatic" leaders. They do tend to get elected and they all act like demagogues.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.