2010-03-02

C'est Mars Mes Amis

...And sometimes I feel like I'm on Mars.

I know I tend to make forceful commentaries, I am The Commentator you know, but...

The more I read and learn the more doubtful I grow. I hate that.

Meanwhile, back at the "I can't believe that guy is making it" cave, some people succeed in spite of themselves.

I've always been keenly aware of my strengths and weaknesses. But even then, I could never really be sure if my assessments were correct. What if it's all but a cruel trick by some outside force deceiving me?

Others don't even seem to be aware of their own stupidity or ignorance. Worse, they project their ignorance onto me. In talking with people, I realize just far advanced I am on so many things and levels. But where does that get you in life? In a world that rewards "results?" We all know the top "salesman" is the star of the office even if they're a prick or can barely solve a very simple Sudoku problem or write a lucid paragraph describing their summer vacation.

How many shallow people I've met or had to answer to!

I didn't realize they even studied this. It's called Dunning-Kruger. 

What intrigues me about this is I observed the same exact thing in places of work without knowing I had a theory in mind.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.