2010-03-10

Keeping America's Troubles In Perspective

When a team wins a championship it really doesn't matter if other teams ranked ahead of them with better records during the regular season or performed better in various statistical categories.

While not a perfect analogy, it more or less summarizes how I view the United States; past and present. As the reader of this blog knows, I've pretty much chosen to look the other way about the pending fall of the American empire. My "visions" tell me it's not time. I usually get these visions after eating chipotle tortilla chips I buy from one of my father's commercial tenants.

Good stuff.

Bon. As I was saying, it's important to keep things in perspective about America. No. I don't think China will overtake them any time soon. If you think America has problems, I'm pretty sure China's is still greater. The hysteria around China reminds me of the Japan story back in the late 1980s and 1990s. We all know what happened to Japan.

America is far more agile when it comes to reinventing itself.

Here's a great post over at Wind Rose Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.