2010-03-17

The Rolling Stones On American Idol

"God?" "Yes, my dear Commentator." "God..." "You called me already. On with it m'lad." "Go- erm, sorry. The Rolling Stones are a godsend." "I know. I created and sent them." "Why don't they make bands like that anymore?" "Because. They live forever that way."

I was flipping through channels last night and caught a few glimpses of American Idol. I haven't watched any of it this year. But when I saw the AI format go Stones I had to watch. Where's Daughtry and Bice when you need them? I can't really comment on the performances with any real authority since I didn't see them all - was busy watching the recap of Inter Milan wipe out Chelsea in Champions League soccer - but I will say this: Man does Ellen DeGeneres have beautiful, mesmerizing eyes or what?

Saw her stand up show live here in Montreal. Good stuff.

I would have loved to see one of the Idol contestants take on 'Sweet Virginia' or any track on Exile On Main Street. As they sing they'd rip into "got to scrape that shit right off your shoes."

It would shock the producers of AI alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.