2010-03-18

A Little Less Salt Please

Yes, I'm one of those consumers who looks at the salt content if I consider buying canned or boxed foods like Kraft or Campbells. I can't tell you how many times I've grabbed a can that looked interesting, read the salt content and put it right back with a "they're fucking crazy" murmur. At which point someone asks, "who is crazy?" To which I would response, "the voice in my head."

It's good these companies are aware of this and are considering reducing the amount of salt in its products. It's also good they're doing it without the effen government telling them to. Quite frankly, they lose me as a customer. I'm already a light salt eater. I'm very conservative with it. I prefer sea salt because it's lighter and doesn't make me as thirsty.

Now, I know. These companies have been around for decades and millions of people have consumed their foods in North America including myself growing up. Nonetheless, it doesn't mean we can't improve ourselves with the information we have now. How does the song go, "I wish I knew then what I know now..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.