2014-06-19

World Cup: Splendidly Parochial

"Suarez is not a world class player." England manager Roy Hodgson.

"We're a better team."* England captain Steven Gerrard.

Italy 2 England 1 (a score that flattered the latter)
Uruguay 2 England 1 (thanks to two Suarez strikers)

England wallows in mediocrity and its managers still manage delusional commentary.

* I loosely paraphrase from memory. But he did claim England are a better side.

Update:

Now that I'm less lazy here's the exact quote:

"I think we're a better team, I think we're a better squad, I think confidence is higher,"

You can interpret this as 'being better than we were' or as 'we're better than Italy.'

I'm leaning the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.