2014-06-13

Get To Know The T.C.

A piece of family history.

My mother's family hails from a region of Italy called Molise. While both she and my grand mother were born here in Canada, my great grand mother (who came to Canada), was born in the mother land.

Many tales have been told of her, including having lost part of her right arm (I think it's the right arm) to a doctor's diagnosis that led to amputation she originally pleaded against.

She was an incredibly humanistic person by all accounts. For example, she would feed Albanian refugees - who have always landed on Italian shores - bread made from her oven whenever they came to town. She became known as L'Albanese for her care. Or was it the Albanian baker? I forget.

Anyway.

Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.