2010-07-03

True Water Melon Story

I once met a "man" who didn't know what water melon was.

It was a beautiful, late summer afternoon and me and my then girlfriend had just returned from a day at Granby Zoo watching lazy animals do nothing but sleep.

We headed to her house to grab a bite. Her sister, who was teacher, was having a pool party for some colleagues in the back yard.

We gladly crashed it.

We arrived in time to hear people raving about the mother's cooking as she brought out some fruit. The platter included never before seen exotic fruits like strawberries, blueberries, cantaloup and water melon.

One guy looked at the water melon and asked what that was. Everyone froze. And I mean froze. Was it dead pan? Was he joking? Was he for real?

I mean, it's fricken water melon. Cantaloup I can possibly see but water melon?

Nope. He was serious.

20 years on and I'm still in disbelief.

End of true story.

1 comment:

  1. You should have included a photo of a watermelon in this post for the other people who've never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.