2010-07-31

C'est Dangerous Sur Le Highway

My last post about my recent trip.

Geez, one would think I visited some exotic place like Connecticut or Saskatchewan or something.

Deep into the nether regions of Ontario, it was interesting to note high way safety information posted in both English and French. We're not talking Ottawa here. We're talking towns like Cornwall, Prescott and Brockville. Nor are we talking simple one line messages. I mean big bad ass ones.

I even took pictures. I should upload them but it's late right now. Maybe later.

On the way back we made it a point to see if Quebec returns the favor.

I'm sorry to inform we don't. Politics above safety I suppose.

Just something I noticed.

2 comments:

  1. Same thing in New York and Vermont...near the Québec border. Our sign policy is stupid as Englisu is concerned but is also stupid in French.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it does happen there too. It's amazing U.S. states are being logical about it too. It makes us look petty and small.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.