2010-07-10

Take That!

A while ago I talked about stores who put the stupid "Ici on commerce en Francais" sticker on their doors. So, so 70s. Naturally, I turned around and left.

Marche du Store (which I believe is an American corporation) was one of the offenders in a Montreal suburb. Last night we went to buy blinds for my daughter's room at Verti-Store.

The lady heard us speak in this strange, evil language called Englishian. With courteous professionalism, we conducted BUSINESS in the language of the CUSTOMER. The fact she did that only made us feel more comfortable and by the end we were all speaking in French, English and Franglais.

I don't care about that. I speak both (and a third) languages anyway - poorly of course. What I don't appreciate is the arrogance and inherent ignorance of those bloody stickers.

So Marche du Store, Verti Blind-Vertical store got $500 smackeroos which likely would have gone to you because you were closest to my house! But, with the stubborness of Grandpa Simpson, I dragged my family and my annoyed mother-in-law (I love my mother-in-law, I love my mother-in-law), 16 km west.

I absorbed the grief from the peanut gallery and didn't regret it. Then we went for gelato. I had amaretto and Sicilian pistacchio.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.