2010-10-02

October Wine Showers

Last night I went for dinner with some old bank friends. We sat in tight quarters in a typical Italian joint (no tax; free Averna; where everybody knows your name. Just the way I like it) because of a wedding party. From the onset I had a sense of foreboding. I wore a brand new white Kenneth Cole shirt (I picked up at an outlet). I mention this because I rarely wear white - it exposes the yellow-brown hue of my tiny little charcoal shaped teeth.

Sitting and minding my own business while talking I suddenly felt a slight spray of moist land in the back of my neck. Stunned for a second, I prayed the person behind me didn't spill wine on me. He did. Actually, he choked wine onto me. Something he ate went down crooked and the pending sot spat out the offending food item and some wine along with it.

Miraculously, the gentleman to my right and the barbarian to my left (inside joke) went unscathed. I was the only one with sprinkles of shitty wine spots on my shirt.

I wasn't happy. My irritation was further deepened when the person didn't even bother to apologize. Instead, seeing me seeth with annoyance he said, "moi aussi j'etais arrosee." (Translation: I too was sprayed). Looking down on his "Wildwood, NJ" t-shirt I wanted to slam the wine glass on his silly face for saying that. A simple, "Dude, sorry man. The osso bucco went down badly" would have suffice.

I could have been a real prick and demand the restaurant pay for my cleaning I guess. But I know the owners well and what's the point? Just take it and move on. Just vent on a blog like I just did.

The end.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/06/2010

    Next time stand up and send some wine his way! But lend him the courtesy of sending it to him from your glass as opposed to your own throat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/07/2010

    "Barbarian" at least you got that part right you neurotic psycho freak!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's with the anons?

    Anon 2.

    Well. Someone vomitted on me without an apology.

    That makes me a "neurotic psycho freak?" I didn't make a scene or tell the guy off. I put my shirt back on and waged my personal battle internally.

    Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.