2013-12-29

The Shaving Cream Racket And Gaining My Freedom Through A Single Blade

From Ludwig von Mises Institute.

Since my new found freedom of working for myself and not for some evil hobbit or troll, my daily routines have become, well, less routine.

I don't have to go into an office at any specific time so if I choose to go in the morning, I can pretend I'm a 9 to 5er sipping coffee, talking in a serious tone and reading the "newspaper." 

If, for whatever reason, going in early doesn't tickle my fancy (which is often) I just stand outside my door in my underwear scratching my ass while gently smirking at the front door neighbor's wife. Not sure if that falls under covetous behavior but it's freedom to me.

The one major grooming irritant I do much less of regardless of my decision is shaving. Boy, does it feel phenomenal. I think I use a blade every three weeks or so using the clipper the rest of the way to make sure I don't look like Samsquanch. Although I have let my beard grow out a couple of times.

I am a man hear me roar.

The one major delight is the fact (aside from saving money from having to buy cans of cream and gel promising all sorts of results for "sensitive skin" and the sort) I save time and don't need to put my skin through such an evil process. And much like this article, I've come to discover - or perceive - that my skin is tougher since my strategy is usually to clip, pass an electric razor briefly to just reduce thick whiskers and simply pass a blade (usually a single blade Gillette which I buy in packs of 12 or so) over damp skin.

Like a real man.

It burns sure, but I get less cuts that way. I used to buy those Mach's and quadruple blades for an insane amount of money and never really got that "close" shave. I find the single blade does a good enough job  - and I have a thick beard.

In any event, I'll give the baby or mineral oil strategy a whirl.

Maybe after I'm done creeping out the neighbor.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.