2013-12-11

Presidential Links

A British MP once made the remark of PM Gordon Brown being a "devalued leader of a devalued government."

One can easily apply this of President Obama.

It's ironic to listen to his speeches on Mandela only to watch him be as void of statesmanship as ever.

***

Someone made a joke about the fake interpreter doing a good job since Obama speaks vapid gibberish anyway.

Anyway,  I haven't stopped laughing like Homer.

***

Seems like he can't do nothing right.

Selfie! Smile!

I keep hearing about how it was a 'day of celebration' for Mandela. Only problem is no one seemed to be festive (funerals tends to damper the need to swing and dance) except for The Three Stooges.

I don't know.

It all depends on what your definition of what a leader or statesman is. All I know is it ain't President Obama.

4 comments:

  1. Watch a New Orleans funeral procession sometime. Not that I think taking "selfies", as he did, was proper considering his status and the specific location he was in but I do understand the concept of celebrating a man's life at his memorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, but I look around him and it didn't look all that professional is all.

    When we 13 our friend's father passed away. The school principal thought it a good idea to take his four friends - including us - to the funeral.

    His father was wealthy and lived in a lovely house on a massive piece of property on the river. When we got to the house we weren't prepared for what we saw. My friend is French-Canadian and we learned that they had a completely different way of handling death from us Italian Catholics who tend to make everything somber (though that's changing somewhat).

    He and his mother greeted us at the door smiling.The maid was offering hor d'oevres, people were talking and laughing. We literally didn't know how to act.

    Finally, my friend explained to us that it was all good and explained how they do things. We ended up hanging out, eating, playing pool celebrating his dad.

    From then on, I knew what to expect at a French-Canadian funeral.

    The principal gave us a life lesson that ended up staying with us forever. That's education in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/12/2013

    You forget, T.C., that in South Italy there are cases where funerals are gay and not sombre. But I forgot where that happens (or happened).
    In any case, the French Canadian funeral surprises me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not in Calabria from what I remember! Grazie.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.