2012-11-13

I'm Just A Moofoo

What's a moofoo? It's my word for a goof.

I'm of the opinion people "should" read and/or be familiar with the great works of Western literature.

You may not have read Adam Smith, but at least know he's the guy who wrote 'Wealth of Nations' and is part of a group of philosophers from The Enlightenment period. If you plan to compare Marx and Hayek and want to make sense of contemporary capitalist society, then I suggest you get off your ass and read - or get the gist of - Ricardo, Pareto, Vico, Galiani, Bastiat and a few others including Smith lest you divulge your ignorance.

Don't let some pundit on TV manipulate your opinion. They don't have your interest at heart.

If you have an opinion, or plan to offer opinions on various subjects, it's imperative you have some knowledge of what past minds thought. You need some sort of foundation to work from as I see it.

Yeah. I think anyone who blabbers on like I do should have read Dickens, Hugo, Goethe, Poe, or Dante at some point in their pathetic lives.

But if you haven't, no big deal if you reckon it's not relevant to your world or existence.

Just don't celebrate ignorance as I often see and hear now.

Just because you never heard of something doesn't lessen its impact or importance.

I cringe and shrivel in horror each time someone laughs at their own ignorance.

And some of these people are on TV, radio and other media outlets.

Dipshits.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.