2012-11-17

Amateur Hour At Videotron

To say I'm under whelmed with Videotron is an understatement.

I can't stand companies that force me to take certain channels in package I don't watch. But being the society that accepts the cultural protectionist racket I get 20 channels of total uselessness to me.

Worse, after I pay for HD, they give me a few free channels of which the majority are French. Not that it's a bad thing it's just that I watch, outside of RDS, TV in English.

Way to cater to your market and its needs.

Can't wait to bolt from Videotron.

***

For the first time, I entered a Videotron video rental store. I used to go to Blockbuster before it went under  mostly because they carried small budget, Independent films. So I'm stuck with the hacks at Videotron.

Call me old fashioned but when I go to a music store I expect to speak to people who, you know, know music. Same with video stores. I expect that when I come in with a title the person working knows it. I do expect the other person to know more than me.

Alas, it's not the case.

I went in asking for 'Safety Not Guaranteed' and was met with a look of confusion. They clearly never heard of the film. Fine. So I asked if they could punch it in to see if they had it. No problem. Only it required the translated title because apparently Videotron's antiquated business model doesn't permit their computer systems to punch in movies in their original English form. Weird considering, again you know, the majority of films are American.

I just looked at her with a "what the fuck are you talking about?" look and responded, "I don't know." No one ever asked me that before. Every god damn video place I ever went to simply punched in the title of a fricken movie. But not Videotron. It's the delicate genius of video stores.

/Krusty groan.

And that was that. I had to go look on my own.

I got Madagascar 3 for my daughter and got out.

I need to find a place for real movie fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.