2012-11-06

Family Apps

Yes, in case you haven't noticed, I'm not one to care too much about your kid's birthday. Which is why I don't Facebook. At all.

But man is a social being, and I'm not. So.

Mind you, is blogging social?

Well, if it's any indication that I refuse to post pictures of myself or my family here, it is up to a point a social experiment. And yes, I do see the apparent contradiction of if I don't care about Timmy's faggy birthday party, why should anyone care about what I write?

They shouldn't. I get that. Most of the time I'm just pissing in the wind anyway. Every post I write feels pointless. Alas.

Of course, I'm right most of the time and you know it deep down.

Forget Quebec nationalists and their apologists. They're a lost cause. So...more pissing...

My wife on the other hand, though not on FB, is all social. Everything makes her happy. She's the type to leave post-its all over the house. She does it because she grew up in a stable, normal environment where her parents did the same. Now she's stuck with a "these fucking post-its are making me thirsty" type of guy. She cares about your kid's birthday.

Her friends are always having birthday parties. Between us, we have 20 very close friends, and if I said yes to every party, I'd get little shit done. But my wife, wants to attend every single one of them. To her, if you don't your anti-social.

T.C.'s wife: Oh look, Jessie is having a party this Saturday.
T.C.: Damn, I was hoping we'd go to Vermont.
TCW: Well, you didn't say it.
T.C.: It's Tuesday. I didn't realize I had to write it in an agenda.
TCW: Well, we're going.
T.C.: We as in you and the little one.
TCW: Fine. Be that way.
T.C.: The kid is 15, isn't she a little old for parties?
TCW: She's seven.
T.C.: They all feel 15.
TCW: Fine. Be that "husband."
T.C.: What husband? The one that doesn't feel the need to follow his wife to a nine year-old's birtday party at the fucking trampoline garage?
TCW: She's seven ! It's not the point. We're invited!
T.C.: Bah.
TCW: What are you doing?
T.C.: Looking up the Unabomber...

All this to say, the 'Just Family' app from Apple seems like something reasonable to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.