2009-12-04

I, Resign

Christopher Hitchens upon his resignation from the liberal The Nation wrote the following:

In his resignation letter, he wrote: “When I began work for The Nation over two decades ago, [founder] Victor Navasky described the magazine as a debating ground between liberals and radicals, which was, I thought, well judged. In the past few weeks, though, I have come to realize that the magazine itself takes a side in this argument, and is becoming the voice and the echo chamber of those who truly believe that John Ashcroft is a greater menace than Osama bin Laden.

Yes. That's something I've observed. While conservative sites set their sights on a foreign enemy, liberals look with dread on domestic demons. 

Source: The Hill. 

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm.... I'll pass on this one for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize this is walking a fine line seeing that some "liberal" media outlets like the Washington Post and New Republic have moved to the right somewhat...but is this not an accurate enough description? And why pass?? Manny being Manny?

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.