2010-02-27

Proponents Of Global Warming Hit Back

The Nation attempts to explain the attacks against man-made global warming and climate change. Mr. McKibbin makes a valiant plea and addresses a few of contentions held - for example, it's an economic scam. However, he didn't address another charge made by "deniers." That being how politicians who advocate change in policy fly around the world leaving huge carbon foot prints as opposed to using video conferencing. 

I'm also not convinced the IPCC is not without its own agenda. There's ample evidence to worry about them too. 

Yes. I am a skeptic. But I'm not a nut about it either. I know there's great damage being done to the planet. Just not sure what to make of this entire debate. On the one hand, I don't think it's an orchestrated hoax. On the other, I'm not so sure it's as dire as being depicted.

And even if it is, who is to say this is not a positive thing or that we're already too late to do anything about it? If we are and all these people like Gore know it, then yeah, I think they're out to make a buck off it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.