2010-09-04

Scare

I woke up to find out that Google had suspended my accounts due to "suspicious activity." I have no idea how they got into my bed room.

Anyway.

I have no idea what happened. Sounds like a hack job.

What's unsettling Google can - Snap! - just like that take away your accounts if you violate any of their terms. It's not like they have a 1-800 number. I find it strange they have not set one up given their status in the world. Blogs and emails are intensely personal to people and in a time where they may have been caused injury, a voice can help soothe any problems or misunderstandings. Google, I reckon, can afford a telephone customer service team.

Time to reread the sucker and try my best to avoid this sort of thing in the future.

All this to say, I'm still around.

For now.

Lucky you.

5 comments:

  1. They certainly can... but they don't have one. In fact, there isn't even an online link to complain about something. For example, I was assigned a phone number that once belonged to an auto salvage yard. I have now had the number for 4 years and I still get calls for them. Know why? Because if you do a search online for auto parts, their name and number keep coming up. Which leads to enterprising folks including it on lists for various businesses to use for "cold calls". I have searched in vain for a way to get the name and number blocked from searches but there is none. Even a direct letter to the CEO of Google produced no response. I wonder if I could get a lawyer to consider a class action suit against Google? After all, I cannot be the only one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well.

    If they want to take over everything and feel the right to dictate then they're going to have to be held accountable for their actions.

    It's stunning really they haven't set one up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And right now I'm paranoid because I don't know what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could your problem be linked to that DM endless illogical and unneding rant? That guy has no profile so you can't check who or what he, she or it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No idea. I suspected it but there's no way of knowing unless Google says so.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.