2010-09-06

Light Sentence For Murder

Here, we tend to put killers away for life. In some parts of this contitent, we do much more than that through capital punishment.

In Europe, it's a little different. As some of you may recall, my cousin was murdered by her ex-husband - if front of their children - in Italy a couple of years ago. He was sentenced to a meager 13 years. When I expressed shock to my cousin - her brother - he reacted in stoic fashion. "It's how things are done there. Our prisons are too filled."

Still.

13 years?

2 comments:

  1. I understand 13 years are 'meagre' (but I doubt it was 'because the prisons are too filled). Death penalty to me is too much. Life sentence is all right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I disagree with him as well but how to debate a Calabrese set in his thoughts?

    Life sentence absolutely.

    I'd cut off his fingers and toes. Just to be spiteful.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.