2010-06-01

Dumbest Commercial On TV

When I saw this I fell off my Little Mermaid chair. It's a commercial for Miracle Whip but one would think they were selling weapons or Klipsch speakers (are those still around?) or some other cool thing. The ad talks about how "We (MW) will not tone it down."

"Tone what down?" I wondered. The silly hard rock music attached to the commercial? What's with all those hipsters worshipping a jar of spread? Are they ready to fight terrorism? What if this starts a condiment war? "We're French's mustard and we will not back down! Remember the Alamo!" Or "We're Heinz and we bleed ketchup! We promise to storm your house and paint it red! No, literally. We'll come there and squirt Heinz all over the walls." Or "Buy Hellman's because Miracle Whip is lame." We're Gherkin's pickles and we promise our pickles will tickle your honey and hit the G-spot!"

I'll tell you one thing, during my university days the last thing on my mind was an effen condiment. No one argued which mayo ruled: Kraft or Hellman's. Maybe in the wee morning when the alcohol settles in but not while the party is thriving.

Besides, I hate mayonnaise. It reminds me of the time when things got a little messy with this one girl... well anyway. I guess that might explain why this ad makes me angry.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6/01/2010

    What an amazingly stupid commercial.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.